XYZ Fun Day

It was awhile ago now.. but well worth the wait.

If you've ever watched The Office. It is pretty accurate description of the office I work in -- only add 35 additional characters to the mix.

Soo in an effort to boost the moral of us glorified bill collectors they had a summer fun day. This included our bosses grilling brick like hamburgers bought in bluk at costco -- they could have been expired but I was unable to check the packaging.

So we had all sorts of goodies to eat, burgers, hot dogs, all the picnicesque side dishes, cake, fruit tray etc. After we went to lunch at our designated times -- we would digest for an hour and then fun would begin.

XYZ had games for us to play. Ring Toss. Watermelon and Jalepeno eating contest. Ladder Golf and yes, a water balloon fight.

I'm sorry-- but I don't like participating in activities, let along physical ones with my co-workers - especially involving some sort of skill or tactile response. I'm just too klutzy for that business -- so I brought a lawn chair like several of my other co-workers who were too cool to participate. And we enjoyed our hour in the sun - smoking and talking - making comments about the XYZ Olympics.

The ring toss -- now I'm not excatly sure who picked this up -- but it wasn't the normal ring toss. It was an enflated shark - as if it were to be used in a pool. Needless to say no one played it. It just say abandonned on the grass.

The water balloon toss. Yes, this might be great fun if you were in comfy clothes or didn't want to get wet -- but mind you we all had to return to our desks to sit for a couple hours before we went home and I'm sorry but sitting around in wet clothes for 2 hours at my desk and another hour for my commute -- it just didn't sound appealing. Granted I could have brought a change a clothes as reconmended -- but alas I don't like changing my clothes at work -- I just can't picture myself half naked in the disgusting bathroom, so no thank you. Some people played they had fun and were ultimately surprised when they got wet. Shocking- water balloons hold water, and they break and you get wet. This is not a mystery of the world. But yet that was the reaction.


The eating contest. If they would have had a Bonzai Burger from Red Robin eating contest -- or a big mac contest -- I would have won hands down. But eating watermelon - that will only result in my peeing every 4.5 minutes instead of my average 17.5 minutes so I passed. But I did eat one piece and didn't swallow any seeds either -- cause I didn't want a watermelon to grow in my stomach - I have a hard enough time fitting into my pants. Jalepenos -- eww. That was for the manly men to prove they like things hot. Gross. Especially with all the news about jalepenos causing the ecoli virus. Ish cabibble.

Ladder Golf. This actually looked fun. Two balls on a string throwing them to get them to wrap around a upright ladder if you will. There were several jokes from my co-workers and manager about them being blue balls -- ha ha . Guess I work with people equally perverted and lapsing into jr. high moments. haha blue balls. But the guys were kinda hogging the game and I'm so klutzy I know that if I threw the blue balls -- they would have hit someone in the head -- and then the freudian slips would never cease.

So I sat- with a group of non participators. It was a nice day.

Wonder what it would have been like with hot firey coals to cross?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home