Awkward Moment of the Week. So I sometimes find myself in awkward situations, often these situation are not self enduced - sometimes they are, bygones. So I'm going to pick one to share every week. Yes, my fodder for blogs is depleated at the moment.

I have a regular lunch buddy. Camille and I used to sit next adjacent to one another - but then I got moved to the other side of the building and so we don't see much of eachother now. So anyways for the last year or so we've been going to lunch together. We complain and gripe about the office happenings, talk about happenings on our home fromts. We're good friends and have fun at work and outside of work - when she drags me to the gym -- ok that was one time.

Camille has a few rug rats at home and a loving husband, but somehow she had a lapse of judgement, wanted some sort of singledom freedom and has cheated on her husband Fletcher. Well this week Camille and I were talking about lunch and Monday was bad, I had a dr. appointment. Tuesday was Lisa's birthday and I was taking her out to lunch with Maggie. So Wednesday came along and we were due for lunch.

Well wednesday came along and she buzzed me:

Buzz:
K: Yo.
C: What's for lunch?
K: Let's Jambafiy ourselves ( Gotta love Jamba Juice)
C: Ok cool, you mind if Fletcher comes too?
K: uh, yah sure
C: noon then?
K: My time of day.
C: hardee har har
K: K later.

Shit. What the hell did I agree to? Oh well it's really only an hour of my life.


I've only briefly met Fletcher -- he seems like a nice enough husband. He's a saint for putting up with Camille's infedility.


SO it wasn't as bad as I imagined. We got our Jambas and I proceeded to tell funny stories about a recent emotional breakdown caused by a missing a bc. pill and taking two in one day. Hormone overload! But basically I was so nervous about the possibility of awkwardness I just started babaling and made lunch all about me -- until I found out they just got a cat and well then I had to ask all about the cat!

We nearly finished our Jamba's and now were heading back to the office.

A couple days later - I find out that now Fletcher is begining to consider a semi-quasi sort of open relationship. And he's sending her flowers. I don't know what to think. Now, that's an awkward moment. haha. ok lame. sorry. I'll stop now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home