I really hate it when I have to call some customer service center's toll free number - get put on hold and told that there are high volume calls and they reconmend I call back during a different time. I've called at various hours -- and they all seem to be high volume time. Grr.

I am a patient and understanding person most of the time. I however do not like it when I sign up online for a service but I can not cancel said service by clicking online - noooooooooo instead I have to talk to some english speaking person from India. Who is going by the name Kim or Tom or Dorothy.

Today I went to cancel my netzero dial up service. This subscription was to be a one month deal and today was the last day of the month - I being a procrastinator of course put this off. I only subscibed to netzero while I waited for my mother's preferred earthlink download disk to come in the mail. I really don't care, dial-up is dial-up - my mom likes earthlink, I like earthlinks format better, but really nothing is wrong with netzero either. I call the number - attempt to cancel the service with Customer Service Representative Kim. Kim is rude and curt from the get go but makes three attempts to convince me to stay with Netzero. I realize this is her job - I politely decline and state I would just like to cancel the service. She places me on hold. I listen to some bad elevator music. She comes back on said that it has been cancelled. I then proceed to request that my card which was prematurely charged be refunded. Kimmy must have had a bad day because she hung up on me.

I call back. Pissed off at Netzero. I go through the whole high volume bullshit - crappy music - and then I talk to Tom. I request a manager to report of course that Kim has hung up on me, get my refund and be done with Netzero. Tom is courteous and sympathetic to Kim's failure. He agrees to process my refund of $9.95 but the refund transaction to my card will take 2 billing cycles to appear on my account. I repeat back to him - "It will take 60 days for the $9.95 to be returned to my account?" Yes. "Is there any way to expidite that?" I can forward it to my superior. Ok. Please do. He gives me the confirmation number. Asks if I still need to speak with his manager about Kimmy. I go on hold for the manager. I get to speak to Dorothy next. Get the refund expidited to 48 hours. Complain about Kim and Praise Tom. But still I'm irritated with Netzero. I really didn't give two lumps about the $9.95 and probably would have just let it slide if Kimmy wasn't so rude, but after she hung up on me I went into the very rare bitch mode that of course is all powerful. So now I have to wait til Monday or Tuesday - check my account to see that the refund has been processed. Blah blah blah. Grr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home