There are too many things to do in a day -- there are a million things that I'd love to be able to do -- but when it comes down to it -- watching tv, playing online, doing laundry and dishes or other not so fun stuff comes first and by the time I get a chance -- the sidewalks are rolled up or the more I think about doing said things -- the more attractive a nap sounds. I mentioned in an earlier post I've been more tired than usual...



I wish I could make more time to garden, or play with yarn or read, or go on nature walks, or go to the gym (ps. 3 mo membership = 5 trips to the gym -- oops) Go take photos of neat stuff. Paint pretty pictures. Write. Do some sort of volunteering or good for mankind. Play games, cards etc. Word on crosswords, cryptos and sudukos -- (do I sound like an old woman or what?) I probably could do these things -- but I'd miss vegging out, watching tv, eating, sleeping, bathing, laundry, dishes & life stuff.



There are a few things though that sound like great ideas -- but in all reality they would most likely end in disaster.



For example -- taking the Amtrak trip around the perimeter of the continental US... Sounds good -- but would actually equal -smelly, tired, cranky Kristen wanting to go home after 2 days.



Go on a hot air balloon ride. It sounds romantic and fun - but the height thing would probably require me to take some valium and then I'd probably fall asleep- or without the valium, I'd probably barf in to the wind and get more than some on me. Then barf again after seeing/smelling vomit. Thowing up is not my forte.


Adopting a Highway. Ok so this isn't exactly up my alley -- nor does it sound glamourous, adventurous and or fun -- but I think of weird things when I'm in the car for 2 hours a day... Ok back to Adopting a Highway -- it would be great to be a part of an organization or group that cared so much about litter -- however I don't give a crap -- I just started recycling, and I'm not that good at it.

Trying new and interesting food at the trendiest of restraunts. Ok, I like some new food -- I just want something on the menu to be recognizable - and I have a list of food that I know I don't like and or do not want to try. But, I'm honest here -- I'm not trendy -- I like mom and pop type family restaunts and national chains, I don't like restraunts with one word names that make me wonder if it is a resturant at all...

4 Comments:

  1. Annabelle Tinley said...
    Miss Nerdy Girl we love your gma style but it is good to go out and live a little and try something new. Hey if you have a horrible time at least you get a good story out of it.
    Anonymous said...
    gma style?
    Kristen said...
    grandma style

    I know... maybe this weekend I'll do something so fantastically adventurous...
    Anonymous said...
    you both are too hip for me with your crazy lingo and all.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home