So at work -- we have this medicine/first aid cabinet. And a couple weeks ago I was suffering from sever nasal congestion and discomfort. So I decided to use the freebie work stuff until I got myself to walgreens or cub.

Well -- I started taking the drugs as directed - with water, every 4 hours, 2 pink pills. Then the next day - to keep my relief on a more even kilter, I've decided 1 pill every two hours would be the better plan. I keep this up --- and on my way home I start to notice, that I'm not exactly sure how I got to where I was, I notice that I'm leaving my turn signal on an extra long time (which btw is my pet peeve and I rarely do such and unthinkable thing) I chalk it up to several of the other issues at hand: pms, quitting smoking, tiredness, the angles of the moon and anticpation over the recent eclipse, the decrease in caffine in my system the nasal decongestant did not come to mind until --- I met Dave for dinner.

We met at PF Changs and we had a little bit of a wait, and we were talking and I was getting loud, louder than my usual boistrous self, and much more animated, I bit my tongue, I was extra affectionate and extra goofy. I had a fit of laughter, uncontollable , unstoppable laughter --- about nothing, I am amused by everything, I feel drunk. I haven't had anyhting to drink, I've removed diet coke from my diet -- (Now I'm drinking it for the sole purpose of caffine -- I much prefer non- diet sodas now... shocking I know -- but I don't my ass and thighs to expand past the point at which they are so I have to suffer with the horrible taste of diet coke -- anyways.... onward) So we are finally seated and we order our beverages -- Coca Colas, and chicken lettuce wraps and crab wontons for appetizers. We wait, we talk, I'm still a little giggly, Dave thinks this is very amusing.
We order food, we talk, i giggle, we eat, I take a litle pink pill after I'm done eating. He asks me what kind of drugs taking since it's in this bright orange paper. He reads the drug information. Turns out I shouldn't be taking this drug due to a thyroid condition, this warning has been on other things and I haven't really paid much to it, but it makes sense - so I promise to discontinue use.
Dinner ends, Dave walks me to my car. Dave likes to park in the furthet possible spot from the door, so I've parked in what I consider the furthest possible spot -- he has parked in the other direction so it is agreed that I will take him to his car if he walks me to mine.

I drive him to his car and exit the Arbor Lakes twisted roads that lead to shopping. Dave goes his way -- and I go, well I go... the wrong way --- somehow - I get myself turned around, going the wrong way, leaving my turn signal on for I don't know how long, I get myself int a neighborhood that I thought connected to the road I pass on my way to work --- nope it was a similar name, so I drive around a couple blocks a couple times. It's dark and I'm stuck in the inner circles of suburbia purgatory --- where every street is the same name except the lane, ave , ct, circle keep changing. WHY can't it be alphabetical like everywhere else! Finally after a near breakdown -- I notice my turn signal is on and I turn it off. It must have been my lucky switch cause once I turned it off -- I found my way to a road I knew I could cut through to find the road that I know will lead me in the right direction, I'm still a ways from being found-- -so I turn the corner, cross the street, what's this? A roundabout? I didn't know there were roundabouts out here! yielding, yielding, straight and then taking my next right, I find myself -- and continue AND finally I am on the road I know, I am finally found -- I call Dave, tell him I got lost and he talks to me until I'm almost home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home