Flowers




So Dave and I had my birthday weekend this weekend and he was only required to get me a card -- but per usual he has gone above and beyond boyfriend duty -- and his present for me was a flowering plant. I'm not sure if he knows that I love gardening -- or what our zone here in the midwest tundra is - but he got me this beautful plant. Isn't it pretty.




It's call the Star of Bethlehem or scientifically known as : Ornithogalum thyrsoides , and known biblically as: Dove's Dung for more fun info regarding this tidbit


It's very pretty -- it doesn't smell like much -- it smells green, but that's normal for this time of year. I'm a flower nerd and I liketo look up the meanings of flowers that Dave gets me, I know he doesn't know the meanings, I'm just amused by this and so I looked it up:




Well that's sweet.
So I continue reading about my new flowering plant:
Turns out I can plant it in the yard and it should be fine... the label says zones 7-8-9 but other people from south dakota and wisconsin and illinois have planted it outdoors and it has survived.
That's exciting.
uh oh... I guess it likes to take over yards and might be invasive.
double uh oh It's poisoness and should be kept away from pets and small children. One lady was worried about her goats --
turns out it's really a weed, a very pretty weed, but a noxious weed, nonetheless.
a noxious weed for an obnoxious me. it's a perfect plant for me.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home