So date night was last night -- it was fun. We went with Plan B -- Plan A was go get something quick to eat -- head up Urbansprawlville to see Batman on the IMAX and go home and tottle off to bed. Well -- we went to the new theatre up there in the UrbanSprawlville, a little drive but mostly freeway -- but we knew if we went to the IMAX theatres closer to Dave's house -- there would be more people and we both dislike a crowded theatre -- even though we know that any showing of Batman would be pretty full. SOoo it seems as though everyone had the Sunday night idea -- thinking that the busy nights would be Friday and Saturday -- long story short --we drove up, and drove back -- sold out!

So the back up plan was to go to our usual theatre -- in Suburbia Grove - it's a nice theatre and almost all of the movies we've seen together (which is quite a few -- since we are very lame and lazy when planning dates) have been at said theatre -- but we didn't see Batman since he really wants to see it on IMAX and I frankly don't care -- I'm just agreeing to see it in hopes that he will go to Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants II with me next weekend or the weekend after -- cause you know the theatre will be packed for that one as well! God I love teeny bopper flicks -- cheesy weakness, I digress.

Anyways so we decided upon Step Brothers --- since- well he's basically stated that if no one else in the free world will go with me to see Mama Mia - we can rent it when it comes out, thanks honey. Oh well -- not everyone loves musicals or Meryl Streep like I do. Neither of us have seen X files 1 -- so we have an unwritten rule about sequels -- that we both must see the original or prequel before going -- so that also wipes out Hell Boy, since in the attempt to watch Hell Boy 1 last week -- after watching the Batman Begins and eating mashed potatoes, chicken, stuffing and of course a klondike bar--- I fell asleep -- shocking, I know. Sex in the City is on neither of our want to watch lists -- someones nose drives us both a little nuts. Then the other option was Wall-E -- not really in the mood to be depressed about the universe ending and a robot being responsible for saving the earth -- that might make me want to recycle and frankly -- I'm sticking to the notion that it is my first amendment right - not to believe in recycling.

So we run in and get tickets for Step Brother -- 7:45 show -- we have plenty of time to eat a real dinner - instead of fast food or sandwiches. So we head over to California Pizza Kitchen. It is agreed that I'm treating him to dinner. He got dinner last week -- it's my turn, I'm nuts sometimes. I like to pay for things - I like paying bills, I like treating to dinners and lunches -- everything eventually evens out in the wash- But our waiter -- who was pretty fantastic keeps looking down my shirt -- I'm pretty modest in my dress - but remember this was get pretty date night - so I'm wearing a boobie t-shirt. Super Dave is a little annoyed with our waiter -- I'm a little flattered but boobs are boobs and almost anyone has seen them - especially if you were that night on Lafayette -- bygones -- can I have one train of thought? -- We order some carbonated beverages -- soda/pop/soda-pop or whatever you wanna call it -- Coke n Diet Coke. Order our salads -- I drink my dc and my water -- uncontrollable thirst --we talk and eat the bill was about to come as I got up to pee -- so I peed -- while peeing -- Super Boyfriend had to pay the bill -- probably so he could be manly, and control my tip, and give the waiter an evil glare -- or else he was just saving time and paying the bill while I tinkled so we could get to the theatre. ps. -- I have issues with tipping -- I love to tip because I was a waitress many moons ago. (This is Captain Tangent -- I'm obviously going the some ADD turbulence please be patient)


Anyways back to dinner -- we had a lovely conversation --- it went something like this:

K: How was that car show yesterday?
D: It was fun, twice as many cars as last year?
K: So who all went?
D: Oh the guys Randy and Lisa were there, Bobby, Frank, Fred, Llyod, Ralph, etc.
K: So who did you hang out with on your Tour De Cars.
D: Rolling his eyes -- eh I visited with everyone but mostly walked around by myself.
K: Oh - ok that's cool (thinking: I could have walked around with you)
D: I'm thinking of getting out of Classic Cars.
K: Oh, really -- don't you love it?
D: Yes, It's fun -- but I just don't have the storage --
K: yeah -
D: I think I'm going to move into Motorcycles.
K: (Semi-choking on some avocado from my Cobb salad) Really?
D: Yeah, they take up less room -
K: Well how many cars do you have --
D: Too many
K: (at this point I only know of 2 - the two in the garage, 3 if he's counting the one I call my Enemy that is at his parents house but is his Dad's, so I'm confused) What's too many?
(Why has he kept this tid bit a secret I will never know -- he's a true man of mystery...)
D: Six
K: Where are they?
D: He explains where they are stored and ya-da-da
K: So motorcycles eh?
D: Yep.
K: They are so loud --
D: They make quiet ones.
K: So you just have the one right now?
D: Well I have one and then a mini bike -- it's red and shiny and be perfect for you --
(Obviously he has some sort of fantasy involving a revving engine between my thighs...)
K: So do you plan on going cross country - or to motorcycle shows? Do they have motorcycle clubs?
D: Yeah, that'd be fun -- I don't know yet though -- Yes, they have clubs and shows.
K: Do you have a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers' licence?
D: Scoffing -- No.
K: That's it - no motorcycles or I'm calling the authorities - haha, just promise me you won't do anything dumb like that story you heard about my dad -- (short version of said story: It was the 70's, he was drunk- drove his motorcycle into a bush after driving around a friends yard and passed out sitting on his bike.)
D: Shaking head -- Why don't you like them?
K: They are loud, and unsafe --
D: Cars are just as unsafe --
K: Protesting: Nah-uh
D: Just as dangerous as cars,
K: Well at least in a car accident the chances your body will remain in the vehicle are much greater.
D: Scoffing.
K: Fine. Do you want leather chaps for your birthday?
D: Laughing: No thank you.
K: Ok.
D: I'll get a motorcycle endorsement if it will make you feel better--
K: ok it will -- I love law abiding citizens.
D: You should get one too.
K: I'll think about it, but I'm more inclined to wear leather chaps, but I'll think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home