date night

So with Dave's hectic summer schedule -- weird overnight shifts at work and summer car show madness -- we've been having Sunday date nights. Tonight -- we are going out for dinner and to the IMAX theater to see the new batman movie. I'm excited -- we've been staying in lately -- nesting -- watching tv on the couch - making dinner not going out as much as is bound to happen with any relationship, but tonight -- I'm going to girlify myself -- possibly put on make up and try to do something with my hair to make it cute. My brows and upper lip were waxed yesterday and I feel a little more ambitious to be pretty.



However -- I suggested that I come over a little early -- so we could take a nap together, go out for dinner and then go to the movie -- he was more in favor of plan B --me coming over at 4:30 waking him up from his slumber and going out to dinner. He must really need a nap -- don't want to have a cranky Dave on my hands.



I was then informed that I would be driving, I don't mind really - He puts up with my driving and lack of direction, I prefer to have him drive but he likes to be a passenger once in awhile and I'm okay with that. Ok - so I needed to clean my car up a little bit-- I found lots of random things, a picnic blanket from XYZ Fun day -- which I have yet to blog about -- and several cds and a candy bar wrapper from when I was feeling my blood sugar drop while driving into work -- nothing says good morning like a 3 muskateers or some gummi lifesavers. I wiped up my diet cokes spills that are all over the center cup holders... I"m not very graceful at all let alone with beverages in the car. Dusted if you will the dashboard and doors -- got out the windex and did the mirrors and windows.

Now, It's time to think about what to wear --- right now I'm in this super comfortable -- although not so fashionable blue tee shirt and jeans... I might get a wave of ambition to go to the store and find a new shirt -- although that's probably not going to happen -- I need to pack my overnight bag but my work clothes are still in the dryer -- I think I"ll just slap on some make up and try to fix my hair.

I got a hair cut yesterday -- and it looked fantastic when I left -- and then this morning I tried to replicate that -- and I look more like a poodle than anything. I'm at the weird length -- I can't wear a proper ponytail, my hair is getting curlier -- and the humidity -- well the humidity is making it extra poofy.

Whatever will I do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home