Weeds


So Dave and I have been watching Weeds while we eat our home cooked meals. I'm a little addicted -- it's wacky and zany and dark and serious and bitchy and so many other wonderful qualities -- but most of all I love the soundtrack and more in paticular the theme song...

Malvina Reynolds - Little Boxes

Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes made of tickytacky
Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes all the same
There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.
And the people in the houses all went to the university
Where they were put in boxes and they came out all the same,
And there's doctors and there's lawyers, and business executives
And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.
And they all play on the golf course and drink their martinis dry,
And they all have pretty children and the children go to school
And the children go to summer camp and then to the university
Where they are put in boxes and they come out all the same.
And the boys go into business and marry and raise a family
In boxes made of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.


I love it so much that we have to watch intro for every episode -- and my favorite part it the ticky tacky and so I sing along during that part -- and Dave gives me this weird look -- but it's soo odd but makes me giggle.

SO the other day Dave sent me a text -- "TICKY TACKY" cause the last time we were watching it -- i was practically choking when my back up signing part was due -- and I sort of barked out the TICKY TACKY and it sounded so hoarse and horrible -- not that my singing voice is all that pretty to begin with -- but this version of "ticky tacky" was way worse than any version of my singing voice -- including if you will my rendition of Shakira's - Underneath your clothes.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    holy blog batman! i also love weeds, i made my pals dvr it and i saw the new episode on thursdays, i dont know about this new season, but hopefully it picks up.
    Annabelle Tinley said...
    HEY no spoilers on weeds...I dont have showtime! Anyways I do remember the underneath your clothes day. I am taken back to trips to lacross in my malibu with $10 dollars to my name . Good times

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home