So I've wasted the good part of my afternoon on facebook -- and I was reading one of my friends notes... basically a mini blog.

Let me back up a little bit -- we were good friends during my bible thumping years -- so circa 1996. Some of the girls I was friends with then -- wanted the first kiss of their lives to be on their wedding day -- and by 1996 -- I was way past the kissing stage - without being a full fledged "whore in the eyes of the lord" But you know -- I'd been kissed -- and in places that would freighten fish. So I never understood this -- chastity bit -- well this extreme version but alas accepted it as one of their foolish girlhood ideals -- and would gush about kissing boys and make them covet my life experiences at the teenage hormone stage -- while they held onto their bibles in the self righteous way that uber catholics do. I eventually let go of the bible -- put on a shelf as an excellent story book.

I've somehow side stepped... sorry (randomness is part of my stylistic preference.) So we'll call this friend Agatha --a good virginal name don't you think? Anyways Agatha -- is 26, lives in the metro area -- and has never kissed a guy. She's smart and funny - and normal looking - she is no longer waiting for marriage for her first kiss - but now she is being so selective about it -- it's a little ridiculous. I mean -- she's never had a relationship - experienced kissing - let along physical intimacy -- or just pure sexual gratification. What about the saying you have to kiss a lot of frogs?

I think in this delay she has missed out on a big part of life -- I pity her -- and yet -- she claims that God will choose for her the time it right to kiss a guy. And that God's love is more important than a fleeting moment kissing someone. Barf. I'm sorry- get on with it already. You can't understand love until you have a couple of heartaches - a couple of bad kissers sticking their tongues up your nose or being over active in the salvia department- or acheive at minimum an orgasm. Purity taken to this level is just bullshit on top of bullshit - on top of the sacred cowshit.

I don't know what's worse -- that she is living like this -- all naive - or that she is praised for it by others - I can understand people with religous convictions that withold from sex -- but kissing -- gimme a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home