1 year

So 1 year and 1 day ago Dave and I had our first date. Aww how precious.

I know what you're thinking -- "jeez louise another Dave blog." Well, I'm really not a super sap -- nor jumbo mushball -- I have moments, and I really can't help it if they occur when I'm in blog mode so blah!

Ok so 1 year ago we met for drinks -- decided on dinner and since then life hasn't been the same.

So what's so great about Dave anyways? I mean he doesn't eat his vegetables and he doesn't like cats... so he does have flaws...

Prior to Dave -- I was a commitment phobe - I had a string of relationships that were going through the motions but there was no foundation for anything, I would get bored and want to move on after that 3 month window. I'd go on dates and everyone was so fake -- or had ill intentions or just plain creeped me out.

So we took things slow, we never analyzed our relationship, and when everything was fresh and new - we didn't try to define it as a relationship -- so we don't have an "aniversary" like other couples. We've never put ourselves on this "where are we" scale -- cause once you do that you open a new bag of worms. We love eachother and that's about it, we're there for eachother to support one another, and laugh and eat expired meatballs and play UNO when I promise not to cheat, and it's fantastic.

Dave has been phenomenal support for me during my grief. Losing my dad, by far has been the hardest thing I've ever gone through - and Dave's been there for me He knows I'm going to cry for no apparent reason - and he'll just hold me -- knowing he can't make things better but- if he offers a ear, or holds me that I'll know that he's doing everything he can -- and that he hates to see me hurt.

And I'm not a total leech when it comes to support -- I'm there for Dave during his trials and tribulations -- but due to the boyfriend/girlfriend privacy act I'm not at liberty to blog about his ongoings.

So yeah -- 1 year for the former commitment phobe -- who would have thought a year could pass so quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home