So I was completely blindsighted last night when Dave had me over to talk.

He didn't really have a reason and couldn't tell me what went wrong other than it's him and not me. That he thinks I'm great and wonderful and that he loves me - but his heart isn't all in it. Then as the evening progressed, he wants to take a break and then talk again in a 2 weeks.

Maybe to see if I'm the root of his unhappiness. Maybe to weigh out bachelorhood vs. commited relationship, Who knows?

WTF.

Where did this come from, I don't know.

I'm sad and hurt and confused because I love him.

My whole take on it is - he either loves me and is scared about the intensity of love or he just doesn't or can't love me.

2 Comments:

  1. Annabelle Tinley said...
    Bummer. I guess if his heart isn't all in it maybe something is just missing for him. Not necessarily with you or with the relationship but in his own life. You do deserve to be with someone who is willing to give their all to you. It seems to me like lately he hasn’t been as considerate of you as he used to be. Granted I haven’t talked to you much lately but from what you’ve said in your blogs. But I do know you deserve more respect then sitting at home and waiting for his tardy phone calls.
    Kristen said...
    thanks Ava!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home