I hate fashion

So I went out shopping today and I hate fashion. I'm pretty classic in my wardrobe - and I wanted some cute tops for spring. I was set and on a mission to find a couple shirts for work and play and came home with pudding pops and sno-balls from the grocery store after I was disappointed with the options out there.



Part of my problem is my own damn fault for gaining some winter weight, and not being able to fit in my clothes. Alas -- I broke down and bought some pants this week that I could actually button instead of using a safety pin to clothes them up.

My next problem is -- being classified as petite by my lack of vertical ability -- puts me in the petite section -- now, I'm not sure if you've ever looked in the petite section - but the shirts are all stuff my grandma would wear, and good thing for her since she's 4-11 too. But it doesn't matter if I'm at macy's, sears, jcp, herbergers, kohl's anywhere - where they have defined sections for general body types - the petite section will do me absolutely no good.

I'm not looking for trendy things -- I'm talking regular -- normal things like cotton/spandex button shirts, cable sweaters, ribbed sweaters, nice shirts appropriate for work -- a nice hearty cardigan that will keep me warm under the tundra-like air conditioning vent about my desk, I'm finding tons of pure polyester or silk shirts that don't represent the classic - boring 2o/30 something look I'm going for, instead are representative of the 50/60 something going to church outfit, plus silk requires special washing attention and I'm not ready to trust anyone in this house to get it right, myself included.

So I've decided I have to look thoughout the whole women's section. And what do I find, everything I don't find flattering or atttractive... big bold prints, super form fitting, extra flouncy, horizontal stripes, camp shirts, nautical themes, teddy bear themes, polka dots that are too large to be flattering, cute dresses that will go past my ankles or show too much bosom for the office.

I'm at a loss -- I think I'll be investing in some polo shirts to get through this fashion crisis. I have been anti polo shirt for a longtime - with my hair being short I was afraid I'd look like a prepubescent boy -- but finally the hair is at a length where there would be no confusion, that and my boobs have also grown from the recent weight gain.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    thats how the fat lady section is too, i mean what fat lady really should be wearing a sequin butterfly anyway?

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home